Monday, January 11, 2010

Blog post 1

1) My favorite children's book is Seven Daughters and Seven Sons. I think it is more of a juvenile fiction book, but we read it in our Children's literature class. this is a book that I felt that I was able to identify with. I have always had a desire to go out and earn a living to help my parents and siblings. It worked well in the book, but I don't know how realistic it would be in real life.

2)Well, I don't really watch T.V. all that much. I do watch the office occasionally and find them humorous, but I am not obsessed like the rest of the world. The only show that I have recently watched religiously is the Suze Orman show, but it has gotten to the point where she says the same things over, and over, so I am getting bored with it. I guess the third would be HGTV Design Star. My husband and I used to watch it, but I don't even know when it is on anymore.

3) I don't really collect anything, but I love cooking and so I probably will eventually have a collection of cookbooks.


4) I don't keep a journal or a blog. I kept a journal religiously on my mission, but since I have been home, I haven't written in it once. It has almost been two years since I returned home.

5)career opportunities & choices
art or music appreciation
sports

6) Never taken art classes. I am not very good at art. I once had a boyfriend tell me that his 9 year old brother could draw better than I could. I don't have much of a knack for drawing. I may be better at other mediums.

7) I took piano lessons for many years, and had a wonderful teacher who also taught me how to teach music. I now teach piano to 21 students. I love teaching piano, and I love playing, but I am actually not that great at playing. I feel confidant in my teaching abilities, and my accompanying abilites if I am given the music a few days beforehand.

8)I took dance lessons when I was younger, and was actually pretty good in my class, but I am not as good at dancing as some of my sisters were, and that deterred me from continuing. I liked to be the best, and if I was not, I would quit.

9)Never done the drama thing. I probably am worse at drama than art. I don't like being in front of people.

10)I guess just that I love to take care of people. Children and adult alike. I like to find ways to make people happy, and make sure their needs are met.

1 comment:

  1. Where did you serve your mission? I like to catch Suzy Orman, occasionally... but not enough to make her wisdom stick. I need to! I want to read the book you mentioned. Who was your children's lit teacher? Thanks for sharing! 4 points

    ReplyDelete